Looking for things to do while in the area for the Stanley-Boyd All-School Reunion? The following are some ideas. 1. Check out a remodeled Broadway Boutique, 204 S. Broadway – a shopping …
Looking for things to do while in the area for the Stanley-Boyd All-School Reunion? The following are some ideas.
1. Check out a remodeled Broadway Boutique, 204 S. Broadway – a shopping destination for fashion, home decor and gifts.
2. Visit the Stanley Area Historical Society Museum, 228 Helgerson Street. – Open Saturday, October 2, 9-11 am and 1-4 pm. Four buildings of exhibits.
3. Check out new eateries – Kelly’s Grill, across from the depot, Stanley Bar and Bowl, just a short distance from the city limits on County Highway H, Cantina Marguerite on N. Broadway and Debbie’s on Broadway on S. Broadway. Old familiars are also looking to serve you – Martino’s Restaurante, Kutzee’s, Hill House (Boyd) and the Village Haus (Boyd).
4. Stop by and greet the staff at your hometown newspaper. The Stanley Re- publican office is now located at 200 S. Broadway. “A Great Local Newspaper” 5. Visit Chapman Park and drive by the new Stanley Community Center.
6. Stop by and visit Oriole Park, which features the beautiful football field/stadium, baseball and softball fields, located on E. First Avenue, just beyond the Stanley-Boyd School’s complex.
7. Check out the new Courtesy Ford, located in the former Shopko Store off Junction Avenue. On your way there, view the 48 apartment units under construction on the corner of Pine Street and Junction Avenue.
8. On your way into the Stanley-Boyd High School, stop by the Stanley-Boyd Community Pool, located on your immediate right as you enter.
9. Drive by the historic former Stan- ley City Hall (116 E. 3rd Avenue), D. R. Moon Library (154 E. 4th Avenue) and Stanley Depot (in Soo Park 1st Avenue) 10. Visit La Granders’s Cheese Store, W11299 Broek Road, offering award winning Colby, Colby-Jack, Monterey- Jack and Cheddar Cheeses along with fresh cheese curds.
And if your still looking for more to do, Thorp Pumpkin Fest is taking place on Saturday, October 2. Perhaps the above suggestions are more than you can do on one visit. If so, clip the list of suggestions and come back to visit again and stay longer! And for what is happening in the Stanley-Boyd area, why not subscribe to your hometown newspaper?