Submitted article The Stanley-Boyd Community Red Cross Blood Drive is Thursday, June 3 at Holy Family Hall. If you haven’t made your appointment yet, please do so as soon as possible. There are …
The Stanley-Boyd Community Red Cross Blood Drive is Thursday, June 3 at Holy Family Hall. If you haven’t made your appointment yet, please do so as soon as possible. There are only 4 available spots as of Friday evening, May 21. If all time slots are filled and you would
still like to donate, please call Donella Christianson to be put on call in case there are any cancellations.
As more and more people have become vaccinated and the number of COVID-19 cases are significantly reduced,
we have reached an important milestone in the battle against the pandemic. We are so very grateful that our country has reached a point where we can begin to alleviate some of the burdens that COVID-19 has placed on all of us.
The American Red Cross has updated its pandemic safety protocols in alignment with CDC and OSHA guidance. Here's what you need to know:
• Fully vaccinated persons including staff and blood donors will no longer need to wear face masks or socially distance beginning May 21.
• Unvaccinated individuals will continue to be required to wear face masks and socially distance.
• If your location requires face masks, the Red Cross will adhere to more stringent face mask requirements.
• In addition, where state and/or local guidance is more stringent than the most recent CDC guidelines, we will follow the more stringent state or local guidelines.
• Proof of vaccination will not be a requirement. We trust that our blood donors will provide honest responses – it's what our eligibility process is built upon. We will continue to rely on the honesty of our blood donors when it comes to COVID-19 vaccination and face masks.
If you have any questions on COVID or anything else, please call Donella Christianson at 715-644-3638. Donate blood on June 3. The need is constant, the gratification is instant.