Deadline approaching for electronic submission only and due January 11. 2022, at 2 p.m. CT MILWAUKEE – The U.S. Small Business Administration’s Wisconsin District is accepting nominations for …
Deadline approaching for electronic submission only and due January 11. 2022, at 2 p.m. CT
MILWAUKEE – The U.S. Small Business Administration’s Wisconsin District is accepting nominations for 2022 National Small Business Week Awards, as well as Wisconsin SBA district awards, including Emerging Small Business Person of the Year, Rural Small Business, Minority Small Business Champion, and Women in Business Champion.
The National Small Business Week Awards recognize the achievements of SBA-assisted small businesses and contributions they have made to their communities and the nation’s economy. The winners will be announced in early May during NSBW, which the SBA has hosted for more than 50 years to celebrate the critical contributions of America’s entrepreneurs, small business owners and their supporters.
The SBA is accepting entries for the following awards in Wisconsin. SBA’s dedicated website, www.sba.gov/nsbw, provides downloadable nomination forms as well as instructions, criteria and guidelines for submitting an entry. All awards require a nomination form, a background form, and a photo for submission.
• Small Business Person of the Year
• Small Business Exporter of the Year
• 8(a) Graduate of the Year
• Emerging Small Business Person of the Year
• Rural Small Business of the Year
• Minority Small Business Champion
• Women in Business Champion “The National Small Business Week awards celebrate the small businesses that make Wisconsin and the nation’s communities and economy strong,” says Eric Ness, SBA’s Wisconsin district director. “The impact of the pandemic should not discourage businesses from applying, and businesses that have used SBA pandemic relief and regular programs are eligible.”
Additional national awards the SBA is seeking entries for in- clude:
• Phoenix Awards for Disaster Recovery Phoenix Award for Small Business Disaster Recovery Phoenix Award for Outstanding Contributions to Disas- ter Recovery, Public Official Phoenix Award for Outstanding Contributions to Disaster Recovery, Volunteer
• Federal Procurement Awards Small Business Prime Contractor of the Year Small Business Subcontractor of the Year Dwight D. Eisenhower Awards for Excellence (for large prime contractors who use small businesses as suppliers and contractors) SBA Resource Partner: Veterans Business Outreach Center of the Year
• Small Business Investment Company of the Year All nominations need to be submitted electronically by 2 p.m. CT on January 11, 2022.
About the U.S. Small Business Administration
The U.S. Small Business Administration makes the American dream of business ownership a reality. As the only go-to resource and voice for small businesses backed by the strength of the federal government, the SBA empowers entrepreneurs and small business owners with the resources and support they need to start, grow, or expand their businesses, or recover from a declared disaster. It delivers services through an extensive network of SBA field offices and partnerships with public and private or ganizations. To learn more, visit www.sba.gov.